Welcome to Travel At Home 4. Wherever you are in the world there are probably so many wonderful and fascinating things to see. If you are anything like my family it becomes all too easy to ignore the sites close to home, falling prey to the belief that they will 'always be there'. Familiarity breeds contempt and we hanker after the exotic. But the truth is home for one person is exotic to many others. As an expat family we get to be at home in a wide range of different places and we try to make sure that we make the most of any place we are living right now, getting out and exploring as much as possible.
Travel at Home is the linky for people who want to write about their home (or host) location and all the places that don't make it into a guide book (but really should). You don't have to be an expat to participate, just someone with a passion for their local area. The link will be open for a week so there is plenty of time to add your post (or posts). This is all very new to me at the moment so if you notice that something does not work as it should or you think I could improve something please do let me know. Last month saw stories about local travel in China, the Netherlands, Malaysia, France, Greece, South Africa, The Seychelles and Slovenia. I think my favourite post was the one on the Triglav Lakes by Piran Cafe, probably because this area of Slovenia is one of my favourite places in the world.
There are just a few rules:
- Share your post - it can be a new post or an old one you want to share with a new audience.
- You can write about anywhere you have a strong connection, home country, current host or former host.
- Add the link up button and code to your post so that people can navigate back easily
- Comment on some of the other posts on the link up (the more the merrier)
- Tweet/share your link. If you include me (@ErsatzExpat) and the hashtag #TravelAtHome in your tweet I will retweet.
- Add your post to the Travel At Home Pinterest Board contact me via Pinterest and I will add you to the board.
- Spread the word - the more the merrier and everyone is welcome.
Monthly link ups will go in the main feed but will then be linked here for reference. Thank you in advance for linking up and participating in this new venture. I look forward to enjoying some vicarious visits in the next few days.